The Unification Party of The United States understands the importance of safeguarding social security.
Some of the issues facing the social security programs are as follows.
- More money is going out then coming in basicall close to 10,000 people retire a day.
- Not enough people are entering into the workforce to support it.
- Rising life expectancy.
- Congressional lack of action to update or amend the program.
- Lower Interest Rates.
How do we replenish the social security program and keep it solvent for all time?
- Have the treasury department lock in interest rates on bonds the money is vested in so that they do not fluctuate with the market and fall below the interest rate needed to support the program.
- Vote out congressional representatives who refuse to deal with or amend social security.
- Place a 'For The Good of the American People' tariff on incoming trade from other countries that are benefiting from the prosperity of the American people, which will go to the benefit of the social security system. This will also support 'Made In America' to have an incentive to purchase American made products to boost the economy.
- Billions of dollars are spent each year on border security with no nations accepting responsibility or helping with the influx of immigration. Immigrants are also signing up for 'social resources' without being citizens of The United States. Placing a 5 year 'For The Good of the American People' tax on those working registered immigrants guaranteeing citizenship would help balance the social resources going out and support social security.